We struggle when we try to make things happen through action (or, occasionally, avoiding action) alone. There is a better formula. And it is simple.
- Choose what you want. Easy. Yet we can at times be unclear about what we want. Example: “Instead of rushing and fretting, I want to have more time for family, work, friends, and me.”
- Choose who and how you need to be in order to have what you want. Harder, at first. But doable. Example: “In order to have more time, I choose to be open and trust that all the things will work out fine.”
- Raise your buzz and be what you chose. Easy. Buzz-raising takes us where we want to go.
- Act as inspired. Easy and fun. Now we act. Resist the temptation to jump to this step before completing the other three.
- Repeat from Step 3 until success. Easy. And see the note below.
In your corner,
PS: Step 2 is the power of this formula.
PPS: When this formula fails us it’s because we forgot Step 5.
PPPS: Why does this work? Because how we are affects our ability to notice opportunities, our performance, and others’ willingness to help.