Your success with your Effectiveness Habits and the supporting set of lists depend to a great extent on how you see them.
If you see the work of
- getting everything out of your head,
- feeling good before acting,
- refining your current and potential tasks,
- acting by choosing the best possible item to do at any given time,
- relating your day-to-day to your big picture and keeping your big picture tended, accurate, and compelling,
- refreshing your set of lists each day and week, and
- cultivating a bigger, deeper sense of who you are
as a tax, you’re sunk. If you see them as a set of tools you can pick from, modify, and leverage, you’re golden.
When I resist using these tools, I justify it by saying, “Oh, I’ve got too much to do now to waste time refreshing my lists (or feeling good, or cultivating a deeper sense of myself, etc.).” Then I know I’m seeing these tools as a tax. When I see them as useful tools, I dive right in and reap the benefits.
To your continued success!
I appreciate this well timed message.