Notice how you feel after doing any of these things when you get out of bed in the morning.
- Stand like Wonder Woman or Superman for 2 minutes. Hands on hips, shoulders back, chest up, chin up.
- Say out loud something positive about who you are becoming. e.g. if you want to eat better, “I am someone who takes the extra couple of minutes to prepare good-tasting, fresh food.”
- Write down the top 4 things you want to get done today. Answer the question, “What would feel great to complete today?” keep that list with you through the day to guide and inspire.
- Do 4 push-ups. Or do one more than you did yesterday until you get to 10 or 15 or 50 or whatever you want to be your daily push-up number.
- Visualize yourself being how you want to be and having what you want to have. Sit for 4 minutes. Pick some situation or result you want. Visualize who you would be with that result. How would it feel to be that person and have that result?
- Drink a glass of fresh water. Does wonders for you as one of your first morning things.
- Do one sun salutation. Great demos on YouTube. Breathe deeply and calmly as you go. Here’s a simple one: 1. Reach up with your hands and hold it a few seconds. 2. With your arms sorta doing swan-dive, bend over at your hips, touch your toes (or at least point your fingers at your toes) and hold it a few seconds. 3. Kneel down “on all fours” then push back into a downward dog and hold it for a few seconds. 4. Now reverse it; come back to all fours, stand back into a forward bend, slowly roll up to standing with your hands above your head. How’s it feel?
- Make a list of things you appreciate. Anything goes. And for a real kick list things you appreciate about someone or something that is currently challenging.
- Smile. Just ‘cuz.
Did it feel good enough to try again tomorrow? G’day!
In your corner,