Show me an organization that is suffering and I’ll show you an organization with a broken leadership team. Show me an organization that consistently thrives and we both will see a leadership team whose members
- have a high degree of respect and trust for each other,
- come to productive consensus (i.e. “I may not agree this is the best idea; I do understand it and will support it”),
- maintain a strong sense of personal accountability,
- call each other on lapses in commitments,
- steward the organization’s SweetSpot, and
- show the rest of the people in the organization how what they do contributes.
Leadership teams have huge impacts on the organization. This is not limited to the executive team; it applies to leadership teams at all levels.
The good news is that fixing leadership teams is simple. You start with a commitment to succeed.
In your corner,