How can you tell if you are in the right job? It feels good. In particular:
- You regularly use your core talents (as opposed to skills),
- You engage (most of) your passions, values, and motivators,
- It’s a win for you (you meet your needs for, say, money, challenge, environment, freedom, working with good people), and
- It’s a win for your organization (they see you deliver desired results).
How can you tell if the person you are about to hire is a fit for the job? It feels good. In particular:
- The candidate’s talents meet the talents needed to do the job well.
- The candidate’s passions, values, and motivators match the culture of the organization and the rewards of the job.
- The candidate and the organization agree that this is a win (i.e. the candidate’s needs and the organization’s desired results are met).
In your corner,
Today’s photo credit: madlyinlovewithlife via photopin cc
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.